Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ushering in Spring

Flowering QuinceStarbrite MagnoliaHelleboresSolomon Seal

A few photos I quickly snapped of things happening in my yard. Springtime means rebirth and there is a serious explosion of life going on right now, almost too quickly and we are scrambling to keep it contained and groomed for easy outdoor living later this year. I just love how colorful these photos came out.

As mentioned in a previous post, we've got some big plans for the backyard this year, which includes moving a massive pile of forget-me-nots that grew from one single plant I dug up with a plastic spoon from a friends' yard years ago. If you follow us on Instagram, we've been documenting our horror to discover how quickly these pretty little plants have overtaken parts of the yard. As one of our friends said, "there's a reason why they call them forget-me-nots, there's no way to ignore them!"

Transplanting Forget-Me-Nots

No comments: